Practical Travel Matters: Touring Florence
Rule #1: Don’t miss a Gelato from ‘GROM’ in either Florence or Siena. Look for the long lines of eager customers.
When in Florence I always stop for a meal at my favorite Florence Osteria, the ‘Osteria Belle Donne’. . Sit on stools amidst the locals and tell the owner, my friend Giacinto, that Michael sent you; enjoy the decor which he changes by the season. Open for Lunch and Dinner.
Don’t let the reproduction in gorgeous Piazza Signoria of the Statue of David deter you from experiencing the majesty of the real thing at the Accademia Gallery (but also don’t miss the trove of original Renaissance sculpture located in the covered portico of Piazza Signoria).
*Make advance reservations for Accademia Galleria and for the Uffizi.
In addition, here is a selection of private and semi-private tours given by hard-working guide Paola Angelini:
Florence Tours with Paola Angelini
Tel: +39 3287521221
1. Walking tour "discovery of Florence"
2. Michelangelo and Medici tour.
3. Uffizi tour
4. Florence in just 1 day from 9.30 am to 5 pm
5. Galleria Palatina at Pitti Palace
7. Short Discovery tour + Accademia
8. Discovery tour of the Jewish community in Florence
9. The magic of Florence and its river Arno
For a leisurely and scenic drive to or from Florence, take route 222 and stop along the way in Castellina, Panzano, Greve-in-Chianti…